• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID please

Bill82

image.jpg
image.jpg
I hope these photoes of the male are better for ID I used my brothers camera instead of iphone

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yes. It is a different form/species, with a different body shape (deeper) and some dark markings that are different from the commonly available forms we find in the hobby now. The eunotus-complex species presently in the hobby - and there are several - are exclusively from the lower Río Ucayali and parts of the Peruvian Amazon downstream from Iquitos. AFAIK the true A. eunotus has never been in the hobby, unless A. cf. eunotus (Shahuayo), the Pink Apisto in the hobby during the 70s and 80s, is it. The Shahuayo form is very similar to that of the holotype form in body and dark markings, and occurs much closer to the collecting locality of the holotype form of A. eunotus.

Andrew Powell

Yes. It is a different form/species, with a different body shape (deeper) and some dark markings that are different from the commonly available forms we find in the hobby now. The eunotus-complex species presently in the hobby - and there are several - are exclusively from the lower Río Ucayali and parts of the Peruvian Amazon downstream from Iquitos. AFAIK the true A. eunotus has never been in the hobby, unless A. cf. eunotus (Shahuayo), the Pink Apisto in the hobby during the 70s and 80s, is it. The Shahuayo form is very similar to that of the holotype form in body and dark markings, and occurs much closer to the collecting locality of the holotype form of A. eunotus.

Thankyou for the info bud.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….