• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

how many pairs in a 150gal tank

M

milton

hiya all
l've got an 150g lightly planted discus tank 60x24x24 with a ph 6.8, kh 3, gh 6, ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 5.
i've got a single pair of Apistogramma cacatuoides in another tank which i wish to move over into the above one. when i do move them over i would like to add either another pair of different apisto's or some extra females but what numbers would you all recommend as the max number both of pairs and females i could fit in due to territorial problems as i do not wish to overcrowd them?
thx in advance

Apistt_ed

Hello,
you could safely add four more females or another pair or trio of fish if the tank is just sparsely planted. Being more open, squabbles could break out more often but with plenty of hiding spaces, there shouldn't be any bad confrontations.

john

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….