• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hemichromis Frempongi

cornbread_5

5 Year Member
So I am down to three of these brutal beautiful, one which is the biggest i had to put in a tank by itself before he killed everybody so that is defintely a male i am guessing. The other two are about the same size and are together in a 40 gal breeder the stay on basically opposite ends of the tank. Out of these two guys one of them use to be the most dominant one and the biggest then i gave it its own tank and the other fish caught up to his size and one has past its size. so my question is what is the likely sex of the two i have together

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I can't say. If you're interested in breeding them, then I'd suggest using the fluorescent egg-crate partition method used for larger, more aggressive CA cichlids. Put the biggest in the middle and the other 2 on opposite sides. Put a spawning substrate only next to the partitions and see what happens. If spawning takes place, the eggs can be fertilized without the parents touching each other.

cornbread_5

5 Year Member
i decided to try my at venting and I think i was able to find one was a female and i took a 20 gal long and divided it with egg crate and put the big male on one side and the one i think is a female on the other side and lets see what happens

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alejandro Thiermann

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(