• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help ID’ing this female Apisto please

PretendFlyer

I received a group of about 6 of these from a local hobbyist getting out of it, and he never really could confirm the type. Well I’ve only got this one left as I’ve shared the wealth and given some of others to friends, well once I added this one to my 75 gallon she really colored up. She is living with a school of juvenile angels, macmasteri redneck, hongsloi, and a few plecos and corys. Any insight is helpful, pictures of her colored up and pictures of one of the other fish before given away

Attachments

• IMG_3106.png
    IMG_3106.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3105.png
    IMG_3105.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3107.png
    IMG_3107.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3108.png
    IMG_3108.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3109.png
    IMG_3109.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 84

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Possibly, but my A. erythrura, collected west of the Rio Itonomas, never show lateral spots on Bars 2 & 4, but only Bar 3. Has anyone see this 3-spot pattern on A. erythrua? I would also expect to see the lateral band become noticeably wider toward the posterior. Many females are hard to ID.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….