• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello - Newb here

feather2night

5 Year Member
Let me start by saying Hello!!!I have recently in the last couple of months discovered the wonderful dwarf cichlids in general, have the big guys, a couple of varieties of jewels my favorite being the Hemichromis lifalli, Seeing as after this discovery, I know have 6 Kribs of what I am hearing referred to as purple, and some albinos, 6 bolivian rams (really getting pretty since their rescue) and a blue who needs friends. Now of course I have discovered the birchardi (?) and boy do I like these little guys, more than likely another tank will have to be added, the temptation won't be held off much longer before it happens, and will have some living in the zoo.
But as far as tanks I have a 75, 55, 36, 3/29, 20, 15, 2/10, 5, 2 1/2, a 12g saltwater, and several big vases with bettas and water plants.
Wanted to say hello to everyone, and sure here in the future will definitely be asking questions. Feather:biggrin:

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
Just wanted to drop you aline or two and say welcome abord the dwarf train. I have over 20 differnt types of dawrf's from Apisto's 16 spices, Kribs 10 pairs ,Blue rams 1pair,Laetacara Curviceps 2 pairs. Let me tell you once you go dwarf there's no going back.

WELCOME AND HOPE TO SEE PICS SOON OF YOUR DWRF'S!!!!!!!!!

feather2night

5 Year Member
I have just discovered as I previously said the dwarfs, and the more I see of them the more I like them, love the cockatoo, the ones also referred to as double red (not sure if that is correct or not) but the few I have really enjoy, the rams (Bolivian Walmart rescues) the more they come into their color the more I am liking them, now just have to find the lone blue ram some friends.
I have a pair of chocolate cichlids that are so passive, they have kribs for roomys, which makes things quite a bit less stressful, specially knowing I can put dwarfs in with them, will just have to watch them close when the kribs have little ones (belly turning purple, hurray!). With the dwarfs like the fact you can have all the color and personality without having the large tanks that my lunker cichlids require, not that the kids aren't spoiled as it it.
Thank you for the welcome, I sure I will be picking your brain for more info on theses wonderful little guys and others. Feather

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….