• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

"Haplochromis" nubilus Revisited

Randall

5 Year Member
To the African & West African Forum,

Athough haplochromines aren't exactly my thing, there appears to be some interest among those here in the Forum. Elizabeth Lippitsch's paper redescribing "Haplochromis" nubilus and describing two additional new species is just out of press as of March 21, 2003. When I have read the paper, I will report its content here in the Forum.

More to come!

All the best,

Randall Kohn

Sam

5 Year Member
Before they go extinct

I'm usually not this cynical, but I think it would be prudent to describe all of these vics before they're eaten. :?

Fogelhund

5 Year Member
Luckily for us, at least in this case, Astatotilapia nubila, is not endemic to Victoria, but has a widespread distribution.

I'm quite looking forward to see those findings Randall, what publication is this in, and how does one get a copy?

Randall

5 Year Member
"Haplochromis" nubilus Redescription

Dear Fogelhund,

The description is published in Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters, a scientific journal whose publisher is based in Munich. The journal is available on a subscription basis and is quite expensive. In the US, university libraries sometimes subscribe, as do some museums and aquariums that conduct research.

More to come!

Randall Kohn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bijouxcailloux

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….