• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Forum Problems

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
As you can see we experienced a MAJOR problem with the server that hosts apistogramma.com and the forum.

After 48 hours of banging my head against my keyboard, my efforts to retrieve the database failed.

Left without any other options the db was restored with the most current backup ( Sept. ) Unfortunately this means all posts and member registrations after mid Sept. where lost. I take responsibility for this as more frequent backups should be done and will be in the future.

If your username/password no longer work you will need to re-register.

Sorry for the loss of posts and for any inconvenience this causes.

Gary

farm41

5 Year Member
Gary,

I hope you got to enjoy some turkey dinner yesterday.

Thanks for the hard work to get things back up. :D :D :D :D

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
Oh I got my share of turkey and of course desert, but then it was right back to my desk. :wink:

Glad to see you were able to login and post, thats a good sign, at least the forum is working again. :)

Gary

2la

5 Year Member
Gary, thanks for all the behind-the-scenes work. I can only imagine what levels of angst you've already encountered, but as kribs said, the important thing is the board is back up. Me without my Apistogramma community is not a good thing. :wink:

Again, immense thanks from all of us!!

2la

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
Login

If anyone continues to have problems staying logged in, try deleting cookies from your browser, then re-login being sure to tick the box for auto login.

It worked for me. 8O

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
I see what you mean, it worked for me one time only. :?

I have a lot of work ahead, getting apistogramma.com back online among others.

I will find a fix for this asap, but hopefully this is the only forum glitch. If any others are found please post here so I so it. 8O I won't have much time to browse the entire forum. :cry:

Gary

aspen

5 Year Member
hi gary, good work, sorry about those lost posts, but i'm sure you did your best.

i also had to log in, we'll see what happens next time. i'll let you know how it goes.

you do a great job around here, most of the time the forum runs like a top. thanks from all of us, i'm sure.

rick

ancientaquarist

5 Year Member
A newbie's assessment.

Dear Apistos und Co.-

You should be very proud of this site and its forums. Though when I last kept fishes computers weren't even a phantasy-1961-today they contain potential beyond belief.

I have been visiting sites daily now for several weeks. The level of intelligence and sophistication, not to mention helpfulness and generousity on a.com is head and shoulders beyond some of these sites where beginners ask truly idiotic questions-because they haven't read the abundantly available literature. Honestly there are questions like, "I have a 40 gallon tank and just bought an Oscar and two other cichlids. I don't know what they are but they are pretty. Will they get along?" OR "I have a 55 gallon tank-what can I put in it?"

To make matters worse no one seems to have spell or grammar check or else they don't choose to use them-e.g. percorshens-he meant
"precautions." The worst are not the non- English speakers but the lazy and illiterate.

I too must login each time. Big deal! This site is fabulous. Thank you all, moderators and members alike. You are a breath of fresh air on an internet clogged with chloramine and nitrites. I am thrilled to have found you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timothygaw

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….