• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

fish id

element

5 Year Member
these fish were sent to me as A. pertensis they're still young but they look more like gephyra to me. can someone confirm or ID what they actually are?

34nodhw.jpg

34xf13t.jpg

2ppezrp.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
What an interesting fish! It certainly is not A. pertensis. This species has a well developed caudal spot separate from the lateral band. Since I do not see a metallic blue patch at the corner of the mouth, I doubt that it is an agassizii-complex fish, like A. gephyra. It reminds me of a highly elongated brevis-group species - like a stretched A. sp. Breitbinden. Are these wild fish? How large is the male in photo 2 (top) of you most recent set? Can you supply any other information?

element

5 Year Member
These fish are wild , they came from Oliver lucanus , by way of a retailer.
the fish you asked about is ~ 2" the rest are between 1 and 2" and thats pretty much all i know .

Jason

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….