• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First post, so Hello!

W

Wally1uk

Hello folks!!

Been looking through here for a while now, and the sites great! I'm gonna pick up a pair of Micromans Agassizii" Redtail" tomorrow and just wanted to check i've got everyhting right.

Tank is a 180 liter filtered with a fluval 304. It has black sand over cactus compost as substrate, slate rock features (Plenty of caves). Plants are java ferns, moss, a couple of wendttii and 2 anubias, some of the precedeing attached to a good lump of bogwood.

Lighting is the standard juwel setup, but with arcadia origonal and hagen powerglow tubes (one 30 watt of each)

Current contents are 6 Leopard Danios and 6 Bronze Corys (who never stop spawning)

Water stats:

AMM 0ppm
NitrIte 0ppm
Nitate 10 - 15ppm
PH 6.4
GH Undetecable on an API test kit
KH Same as above

Having a bit of a problem at the moment with brown 'bush' algea but winning the fight i think. Water changes are 30% weekly with water from our borehole (no chlorine in it) as we are not on mains, but still treating water with 'stress coat' at recommended dose.

You can look at the tank here.

Is there anything i'm missing?

Cheers in advance folks :)

Andy

W

Wally1uk

Cheers Mate, All in and well at the moment, still exploring the tank and hiding in caves so i'll try and get a pic tomorrow. Really pleased with them though, Microman is a star, and the agassizzii male is stunning :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….