• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Female of the species?

M

matpreec1

Can anyone help with the ID of this female i picked up from a LFS.

female2.jpg

female.jpg

I bought her as Apistogramma cacatuoides but as she started to colour up i noticed the blue/orange on the fins and the blue cheek barring which ive never seen in a female of this species before.

Is it definately A. cacatuoides or have i bought a female of another species?

fishgeek

not great at iding, though the abdominal stripes make me believe you have a very colourful female cacatoides
pectorals show black that would fit with female

nice fish both of them

andrew

M

matpreec1

thanks for the replies...

...I have another 2 females with the male so i'll just wait to see what happens

:wink:

M

matpreec1

Just a quick update!

The female in question has coloured up nicely and has now 'walled' herself in a pot nursing a clutch of pink eggs :biggrin:

The proud father

IMG_6484.jpg

A.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….