• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

F.s apistogramma beanchi females. Melbourne Australia

Walshy

Just bin sitting here getting lost in my tanks lol. Females are closer to 4.5cm. Got some clear males from the spawn behind theirs that are ready to go too. The spawn behind the origional is about 3 cm. no males left from origional spawn. Hope that made sense :) all healthy and eating sera viformo.

Julian.A

hey walshy,

just wondering if you have any pairs available and also if i could see some pictures and if you could just let me know prices.

thanks Julian

Walshy

Hey mate. My biggest problem with growing these guys out has bin that they keep breeding in my little grow out tank. Which always results in a few deaths So I try to move them on once they are sex able. I generally sell privately for $30 each (shops pay close to that and buy more than a pair) I currently have a young male in there that is about 3-3.5 cm. (stunning little bugger and full of colour). I keep selling trios so the females are much smaller at about 2-2.5 cm. Here is a pic of some previous fry http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/46890-FS-apistogramma-beanschi?highlight=Beanschi The pictures never do them justice because i am no good at taking photos so they are the best i could do. that pair had just bred in my tank beleive it or not so they had bin separated and I rushed to sell them although they were quite small I couldn't have them breeding in my grow out tank. I cull any deformities so u will only get healthy young apistos. I also have mendezi growing out at the moment as well as bitaeniata marine aff. Bit they will be a little longer. Thanks

Julian.A

hey walshy, thanks for the fast reply, i will take the male providing you live close enough to me. if u dont mind could u please let me know a number i can contact you an will be greatly appreciated, Thanks heaps Julian

Walshy

Hey mate. I still have a few pairs of beanschi growing out. They are getting on the smaller size at about 2.5 to 3cm because ive sold a few lately but clearly sex able. I have mendezi at the same size but they aren't yet sex able and also have bitaeniata Marine aff growing out but they appear to be real slow growers and need some more months untill they will be sex able. I'm just near oakleigh in murrumbeena so it's not far from Clayton.

Hafidz

Hey Walshy,

This sounds exciting! How much does a pair (Beanschi) go for? I can drop by later in the week if you're free.

Are they ok to be in community tank or should be species only tank? Also how much care do they need? My knowledge base is somewhat limited to discus and rams but have been reading up a lot on apistogrammas since earlier this year. Hence, all advice are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Hafidz

killiapistofan

Hey mate. My biggest problem with growing these guys out has bin that they keep breeding in my little grow out tank. Which always results in a few deaths So I try to move them on once they are sex able. I generally sell privately for $30 each (shops pay close to that and buy more than a pair) I currently have a young male in there that is about 3-3.5 cm. (stunning little bugger and full of colour). I keep selling trios so the females are much smaller at about 2-2.5 cm. Here is a pic of some previous fry http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/46890-FS-apistogramma-beanschi?highlight=Beanschi The pictures never do them justice because i am no good at taking photos so they are the best i could do. that pair had just bred in my tank beleive it or not so they had bin separated and I rushed to sell them although they were quite small I couldn't have them breeding in my grow out tank. I cull any deformities so u will only get healthy young apistos. I also have mendezi growing out at the moment as well as bitaeniata marine aff. Bit they will be a little longer. Thanks

Hello Walshy,

Sorry if i intrude, but i was reading your post and saw you had some bitaeniata aff marine and Mendezi, i would be interested but i live in Canberra, do you think you can post them ? I currently breed Mc masteri, steel blue and inka baenschi f1, all growing up nicely if a swap interest you.
As you know it is rather difficult to source apistos in Australia and even more in Canberra.

Regards
Killiapistofan

Walshy

hey mate. my mendezi are now sexable and pretty much ready to go but posting to canberra i would have no clue on how to go about it. i lost my female beanschi recently so the new bloodline would be welcomed but i dont think they get through customs unless sent via an importer. i would love to help you out with some apistos because i know the pain of looking, looking, looking and getting nowhere but i honestly dont think its possible..

killiapistofan

Hello walshy,

Thanks for the offer i don't think there's an issue with postage, they just have to be via australia air express, the thing it is not cheap and you have to make sure you are there when they arrive. Also Apistos are not the best travellers so there is always a risk.
Regards
Killiapistofan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….