• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chromidotilapia sp. "Ngounie"

Randall

5 Year Member
Dear Westies Fans,

Mag. Dr. Anton Lamboj has done it again. In the November 2002 publication of Ichthylogical Exploration of Freshwaters (Volume 13, Number 3), scheduled for release any day now, is a scientific description of yet another "new" Chromidotilapia species. From Gabon, C. sp. "Ngounie" is also known as C. sp. "Lambarene." I will be able to furnish more specific information after the journal is distributed.

Dr. Lamboj advises that he has been working with two other new Chromidotilapia species, scientific descriptions for which are in press and, hopefully, will be made available by the year's end.

More to come.

Thank you.

Randall Kohn

Neil

Wow three more possible entries in the Chromidotilapia-type fish catagory! I wonder what these new sp."Ngounie" are aligned with. Certainly not the old batesii or finleyi, since these are not in the new Benitochromis genus. Hope they are a small one! :D Again, great update Randall.
Neil

Randall

5 Year Member
Chromidotilapia "Ngounie"/"Lambarene"

Dear Westies Fans,

To follow up on my earlier post, the cichlid known as Chromidotilapia sp. "Ngounie" or C. sp. "Lambarene" has been scientifically described as C. mrac by Dr. Anton Lamboj. This Chromidotilapia differs from the other species of the genus in that it has two rows of dark spots and blotches on the flanks. This fish is found in Gabon and grows to about 4-5 inches total length.

For photos and further information, please refer to the upcoming edition of the ASG's "Apisto-Gram" (http://apisto.com).

Thank you.

Randall Kohn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patch24

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….