• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bolivian wigglers/time

Cathy G

5 Year Member
Hi,
The eggs hatched on Saturday am and today - Monday pm, they are still whomping across the bottom of the tank and not free swimming. I thought they were supposed to swim at the 2 day mark. I am squirting some microworms and have a bunch of hornwort in the tank, but at this point I can't tell if they are eating anything.
I am right about them being freeswimmers after 2 days?
Cathy

fishgeek

they wont feed until free swimming
they seem to have hugh clutches

timing will be dependant on temperature
it wont be long before they are swimming, mine was abou 3-5 days if i remember rightly

do you have other fish in the tank

ndrew

Cathy G

5 Year Member
Hi Andrew,
Nope, no other fish. I pulled the eggs as my bolivians have been eating them. They are in RO, barebottom 10g tank with seeded sponge filter and heater. Temp ranges 79-81, I can't keep them totally steady with the extremes in the house temps - spring time... they are in about 4-5 inches of water and I am doing small changes twice a day. I only tried feeding a bit 2 times, so the water isn't polluted, I'll stop that until they are free swimming.
Thanks for your answer.
Cathy

nightowl1350

5 Year Member
If they follow my blue rams it will be about 4-5 days of wiggler stage. Don't feed them till they are swimming as it will foul the water. Microworms can live for a few days, but you may get them dying off before the rams start eating.

Good luck with them.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….