• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp. Tefe Rotrucken

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I brougt in a batch of Apistogramma bitaeniata Tefe last fall and mixed in were 4 other Apistogramma. Two of them turned out to be A. sp. Abacaxis females which was perfect because I had gotten two males a while back in a different import. But the other two fish were a bit of a mystery. They had a very A. agassizii look to them and I though they might be either sp. Tefe or agassizii Tefe. They got their own tank to grow up in and hopefully figure out what they were. Well, the wait is over...I think! The two young fish turned out to be a pair!!! Talk about lucky! They are still young and FAR from being fully colored but they have already decided to spawn. Below are several pictures of the pair taken while the female is tending to eggs. These guys are less then 1 1/2" long and the male has just started to show a faint tail pattern and the red shoulder line in the past week or so. Hopefully he continuous to develop and become even prettier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….