• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp "Rio Mamore" or A.maciliensis?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Right now, I recognize 2 geographic forms of A. trifasciata. The type form of A. trifasciata (A 204 & A 205) is found in the Río Paraguay system of Brazil, Bolivia, Paraguay, and Argentina and, more recently, the Río Beni system of Bolivia (spectacular color morphs from there, but not commercially collected). The second form, with the golden back above the lateral band is A. cf. trifasciata Guaporé (A 206) from the Río Guaporé system of Brazil and Bolivia. A. erythrura also has no distinctive geographic forms. This species is found from the lower reaches of the Río Mamoré of Brazil and Bolivia to the middle/upper Río Guaporé of Brazil and Bolivia.

Ttw

5 Year Member
Mike
Do you have any location info on the Rio Beni color morphs? I could target these when I go back to Bolivia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhCrord

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….