• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto species lists.

Microman

5 Year Member
What are the current figures for both described and non described Apisto species.How many are there?
Is there anywere on the net that publishes an up to date Apisto species list.
Thanks,
Mark.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Microman said:
What are the current figures for both described and non described Apisto species.How many are there?
Is there anywere on the net that publishes an up to date Apisto species list.
Thanks,
Mark.

Hi Mark, here is one posted by me:
http://www.aqugrass.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=256925

The data are not that accurate and some classifications can be controversial; further updating is quite needed... anyway,
you may take a look... ^.^"

Tom C

5 Year Member
A very up to date list of both described and undescribed Apisto-species can be found her. Click "Apistogramma" and then "Arten". Lots of photos, text in German......

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Don't be overwhelmed by Rolo's BARSCH list. It contains many names that are synonyms for other listed species. Among undescribed species, there are different opinions about what is a valid species & what is just a population of another species. At present I recognize 62 scientifically described species (not including A. amoena & A. parva). There are another ~180 forms (species & distinctly separate populations) that have not been described. The best place to find photos of all of these species & forms is in the new DATZ special publication. It shows all of them except A. sp. Gabelband/Fork-band.

Rolo

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
Don't be overwhelmed by Rolo's BARSCH list. It contains many names that are synonyms for other listed species.

Yes, that's right.
Only the bold printed names in this list are "valid" names (= probably different species). The italic names are just links to other profiles (= different names for same species).

That means, less than the half of all these names are "valid".

regards,
Rolo

JanOlson

5 Year Member
DATZ book

Mike,

I'm interested. Let me know how to get one of these from you???

Jan

Mike Wise said:
I still have a few left that I'm selling for $31, includes postage in the USA.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….