• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto. Cacatuoides

john x jro

5 Year Member
i cant find them ate LFS closest to me....saw them on aquabid but rather buy from one of u guys or trade.....email me PM me IM w/e it takes

preferrably orange flashes

D

deftrude

i got around 80 apisto cacatuoides they will be ready in about 3 weeks

M

matpreec1

Sorry to borrow this thread john x jro,

but i was wondering if anyone had pictures of the gold variety?

M

matpreec1

Wow, thanks John... I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of any stockists in the UK for this variety? Preferably near London?

I have got to get me some of those:wink:

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
I have a pair of gold for sell now. I've had them for around 6 months I got them from Acboals. I just m out of room in two of my tanks. I have two cockatoo pairs in this tank and there starting to fight. So I need to get rid of them.

fishgeek

not likely mat
if you want dwarf cichlids then monty at trimar generally has one of the larger variety's and will ship uk wide
not sure he has the orange flash though

i'm in london and cant say that any of the lfs of the sth of london have good dwarf cichlids , imo, health wise nor variety wise

just takes some patience and looking though

andrew

M

matpreec1

Thanks alot for the offer of the shipping but ive never done it before and id rather buy from the UK to save the potential hassle :frown:

I have both Orange flash and Double/Triple red. So, this is the variety i am looking for;

Apistogramma-cacatuoides-08.jpg

There is only one shop i know of who has a few dwarves in S.London (sidcup aquatics in Bexleyheath). Its kinda hit and miss though.

M

matpreec1

Apologies again for highjacking to John who started this thread!

I have a heavily planted new 50g with a trio of A. cacautoides (1 female with wrigglers and the other with eggs), 5 pacific blue eye rainbows, 5 Amano shrimps - who are the best hair algae munchers i have ever seen!

IMG_7004.jpg

My display tank
IMG_6922.jpg

Double red

and a 40g with 1 Zebra plec (10years old :biggrin: ), 1 Leopard frog plec, 1 Royal whiptail (im a bit of a catfish fan too) and hopefully a pair of Firemouths or Twin spots soon.

What about you fishgeek/Andrew? and where in London are you?

btw, the shop i mentioned has just had a delivery of A.cacautoides, macmasteri, trifasciata and they can usually get most stuff (just not gold cockatoos:mad: )

fishgeek

are the trifasciata any good?
have you seen them?
i have been looking for them for age's, havent had any since my avatar..

i have too many fish for my tanks at present
bitaeniata, panduro, aggassizi, fresa, steelblue's and cacatoides
and unfortunately a lone female elizabehtae
also rams and cory's
and the usual plague of guppies that will breed even in water of low kH/gH

i'm in wallington/carshalton area

M

matpreec1

IMO The macmasteri are beautiful little fish needing about PH7.2 which is a little low for my London tapwater (whats yours?) Ive never kept them so im not sure of the habits.

I love the bitaeniata, but im keeping my eye out for any baenschi in my area.

I know of someone who may have elizabethae 'Red' btw - £30 a pair?

Where dya get your fish from? Are there any good shops near Croydon?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….