• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apisto book with inka as the cover

blueblue

5 Year Member
Dear all, i have heard from a friend that there is
an apisto book, probably authored by experts in
Germany, which has a big Inka50 as the cover graphic.
Do you have any idea of it? If yes, please let me know;
i am interested in it. Thanks much.

Cheers - blue

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The book your friend describes is: Wolfgang Staeck's Cichliden-Lexikon Teil 3: Südamerikanische Zwergbuntbarsche. It is a nice book, published in German only, in 2003. It only shows species kept by Staeck (which is a considerabe number!) but does not have all of the apisto species.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
The book your friend describes is: Wolfgang Staeck's Cichliden-Lexikon Teil 3: Südamerikanische Zwergbuntbarsche. It is a nice book, published in German only, in 2003. It only shows species kept by Staeck (which is a considerabe number!) but does not have all of the apisto species.

Thanks much Mike, i see; hmm, how would you compare it with Datz' South American Dwarf Cichlids? If i would like to order, do you know the way how i could do so? Please advise.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Staeck's book has more written information (only in German); pictures are not great, but OK; does a better job at identification fish. I personally prefer the DATZ book, but I supplement it with data from Koslowski's book. Together they provide most of the information needed to keep & breed any apisto. You can order Staeck's book from the publisher, Dähne Verlag. See: http://www.aquaristikaktuell.de/index_buch_neu.asp It will cost €34.80 plus shipping.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Thanks a lot Mike. Are there any updates of your planned translations of
Kowlowski's book? I am looking forward to it ^.^

Mike Wise said:
Staeck's book has more written information (only in German); pictures are not great, but OK; does a better job at identification fish. I personally prefer the DATZ book, but I supplement it with data from Koslowski's book. Together they provide most of the information needed to keep & breed any apisto. You can order Staeck's book from the publisher, Dähne Verlag. See: http://www.aquaristikaktuell.de/index_buch_neu.asp It will cost €34.80 plus shipping.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
I will think about it. Like any other book, the translation will probably be out-of-date before it is published.

i see ... anyhow, i am sure that many people
would very much wish you will kindly help and
are also looking forward to it ^.^

By the way, is there any updated news regarding the publications of
Cichlid Atlas II by Uwe Romer? ^.^

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Uwe is presently busy chasing birds around Europe. Hey, we all have a day job! The last time he wrote, he said he hopes to have volume 2 out sometime next spring. This, of course, depends on how much time he has to work on the manuscript.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
Uwe is presently busy chasing birds around Europe. Hey, we all have a day job! The last time he wrote, he said he hopes to have volume 2 out sometime next spring. This, of course, depends on how much time he has to work on the manuscript.

I see and thanks Mike for the information.
^.^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….