• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another problem with Forum Tags

cootwarm

5 Year Member
The forum tags, "Forum contains New Posts" and "Forum contains no new posts" don't seem to be working properly.

After reading all the posts on a forum that had new posts, when I return to the forum index, that forum is still tagged "Forum contains new posts" even though all the posts have been read. This prompts me to re-enter forums just to find that there really aren't any new posts.

The other problem I noticed is that when I first go the the forum index and it shows many forums tagged "Forum contains new posts", when I go into a post and click on a link to view, afterwards all the forums that were previously tagged "Forum contains new posts" are now tagged "Forum contains no new posts" even though I hadn't read them yet! I then have to manually figure out which posts I hadn't read yet.

No big deal, it's just kind of frustrating and confusing.

Michael

depthc

5 Year Member
Yes ive noticed this also. But it seems to be working now. Click the mark all forums read button near the bottom. I did this once and everything seems to be working fine now.

Gary

Site Admin
5 Year Member
I'm still trying to get all the "bugs" worked out, slow process I know.:wink: I'll take a look at some setttings and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for posting about the problem.

Gary

cootwarm

5 Year Member
Thanks Gary,

I'm not trying to rush you. I've got a very busy schedule myself and understand things take time. I just wanted to let you know what was going on. I figured that if no one says anything, it wouldn't ever get fixed. :wink:

Michael

Griz

5 Year Member
Seems to be working fine for me now too. Your work on the forum is very much appreciated. :)

scott

5 Year Member
it seems to me that the new post tag remains until i enter the forum a second time and then it changes to no new posts. not a big deal but it is a little bit confusing.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
Didn't see this post until now. I don't see any newer posts dated 2005. Is this thread not really from 2005?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….