• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

acceptable temperature drop from waterchange?

scott

5 Year Member
what would be considered to be the most the water temp should drop during a waterchange. my r/o is in the basement and it gets rather cold down there this time of year in RI. the most that i've seen the temp drop was about six degrees but it is usually only about 3-4 with a 20% change. i have never given it too much thought before but i currently have 3 tanks with very young fry in them, one being only a 5gal.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Your situation with fry in a 5 is about the only one I would be concerned with. Can you hang a heater in the reservoir? I punched a hole in the top of my reservoir and hange a 300 watt heater in the center... I keep the reservoir water at 23C. I only have to remember to unplug the heater if I am emptying the reservoir below the heater coils.

aspen

5 Year Member
it you don't have a lot of time to heat the water, heat transfer is quite quick if you place your bucket of change water into a sink of hot water. put the thermometer into the bucket and keep an eye on it.

rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….