• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Viejita breeding

D

dids39

Hello there!
I'm trying to set up the ideal contitions to breed A. Viejita and i'm looking for your experience in this matter to have success, at this moment the water is with a ph of 6.3 and 27º of temperature and the female keeps running away from the mail who keeps chasing her all the time, any ideas?
Thanks

Neil

dids39,

Sounds pretty good so far. The chasing is fine as long as there is no serious damage. They are just doing their thing. She will stop running when she is ready. Just make sure that she has places to run to.

Your water conditions sound fine. Make sure that the water is fairly soft, as well as acidic.

Good luck!

Neil

D

dids39

they spawned

Hello, The A. Viejita have spawned :p my question now is: do i take the male from the tank? i always do this with my Cacatuoides.
Thanks

krustyart

5 Year Member
Natrual is better

Many people remove the males of any species of apisto but males can be wonderfull fathers if given the time to develop the skills ,weather with your Cacs or your Vij's. Sure he might eat eggs and or fry at first but after a few spawnings(and the time will go by fast) he will eventually guard the fry as aggressively as the female and will often take half of the brood for a seperate swim with daddy while mom watches the rest. Every father is different but give the poor guy a chance and you will be rewarded with comical and enjoyable behaviour from your breeding pairs.
ART :!:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….