• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Bitaeniata

nijrem

Hi.
As some of you know, I've recently purchased some wild caught Bitaeniata.

They're small still, so actual IDing might prove difficult.

I was wondering if any of you experts out there will be able to give me more info on the variety/location etc of these fish.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336179453.567911.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336179466.946571.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336179485.544355.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336179496.561926.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336179509.753729.jpg

The fish are quite white, with yellow accents on the fins. There's one male, and 3 females. Perhaps the white color is a sign of stress, but they seem to be acquiring more and more color; mostly yellow. The male seems to have a bit of a red streak on the top; depending on his mood. The females are mostly white with a bit of yellow, one female having quite a bit more yellow coloring. The second (Bitaeniata) line seems to appear only when they meet eachother and show their fins.

I'd appreciate any more info you guys could give me :)

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The photos are not good enough to say anything about the fish. The fish show no colors on the face or fins. I think that the color balance is 'way off' on your camera.

nijrem

I understand, I've taken the pictures with my iPhone, I'll try to get hold of a more versatile camera or adjust the images to represent what they look like to my eyes. Thanks anyway though, hope to provide you with better photos soon :)

nijrem

Still from the iPhone, but fiddled with iPhoto...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336914627.979516.jpg
This is quite truthful; they are mostly white & yellowish

nijrem

(and yeah; the tenellus isn't doing well; I've started adding a bit of easycarbo under dosing though; but if there's advice on those; feel free to add)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….