• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

็Trick for Breeding Biotoecus opercularis

Champ_17

5 Year Member
I bought group of juvenile Biotoecus (10 pcs.) and they seem very healthy fish.
I put them in to the tank that I used soil as substrate to reduce pH around 5.5 as well as I used for breeding apistogramma.
Actually I need to used sand as substrate like the Biotoecus Opercularis's Biotope but almost of sand sole in the market effect to increasing pH because it's sea sand.
and yesterday I found the shop buy river sand that i think it's not effect to increasing pH so I buy it and I need to ask some questiones
1. if i used sand as substrate how is the best way van I reduce pH?
2.To use the sand as substrate is very helpful to breeding this species.
3.How can I identify my fish what's male or female?

IMG_7188 (Small) (3).JPG
IMG_7189 (Small) (2).JPG
IMG_7087 (Small).JPG
IMG_7179 (Small).JPG
IMG_7114 (Small).JPG
IMG_7108 (Small).JPG

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Nice pics.

1. unsure, bad angle
2. male
3. female
4. male
5. top one is female
6. middle one is female

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Mike, is the other way around. Mature male also has fin extensions on dorsal, ventral and anal fins.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….