• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

OK....fess up....who has the REAL A viejita?

Rod

5 Year Member
Lots of people who think they have A viejita actually have A macmasteri

Does anyone have the real deal???....or are they just too hard to collect!

Photos Please!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The only one I know who had A. viejita in the past couple of years is Terrence Trasatti (PA) who found it among some wild Orinoco Rams. It is subtly different from the holotype form (weak pattern in the caudal fin), but the dark markings are the same. He only found one male, sad to say.

regani

5 Year Member
Ok, I confess, I have some and have kept it it from everyone for all these years. here is the proof

viejita_zps7c1b0c6e.jpg

:D

Pol Nadal

Damn!!

Regani, it's a bit far for me to go for some of these fantastic fish :D:D:D (and probably you would not share them hehehehe)
Congrats on your acquisition and sharing the pic, wonderful male!

greets

Pol

Pol Nadal

Thanks regani but I am not really keen on dried eggs, the last time I bought some to a lovely old chinese man and added them to my aquarium I got some Gremlins popping up in place of Notobranchius, now I have to be careful not to feed them overnight or expose them to sunlight ;)

greets

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….