• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do you?

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I will have to admit that some of the COOLEST fish I ever kept and spawned were sunfish. I have kept the little green sunfish and pumpkinseed sunfish. Those pumpikinseed sunnies will give ANY fish in the world a run for their money on color.... and on MEANNESS. I have a pair in a 125 gallon tank. When they spawnd, they killed a bluegill, a largemouth bass (10 inches) and a 6 inch bullhead catfish.

jeb

5 Year Member
I used to catch them all the time out of the ponds.A friend always made a comment about sending our sunfish across the atlantic in trade for discus.The past month I've been fishing after 11pm and have been watching the walleye spawn feet away from me.The females have been pretty large,eight plus pounds.The males have been much smaller and about three of them to a female.They'll glide threw the shallows then bust the top and all role and trash together.It's pretty wild to watch.It's cool also to sometimes look down into the water and see those cat-eyes stairing at you. One fish I'd like to see is a Darter.They look like saltwater Goby.Thanks for the reply.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Once upon a time about 15 years ago, I sent 25 boxes of farm raised USA game fish fry to Aquarium Glaser in Germany. They loved the stuff. The fish were incredible cheap for me to buy, however, and the Germans paid me about x10 markup. Unfortunately, it is difficult to do that legally for some reason. The second time I tried the airlines said no....

What the Germans really wanted was wild fish like the pumkinseeds and green sunfish. They would have gone ape for some of our wild darters, dace, topminnows or madtoms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJM_Aquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….