• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WTB; P. pulcher with eyespots

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Moved this to the wanted/for sale section

"Super Red" kribs. I have a few I'm growing out. They should be ready by the time the ACA convention roles around if you are going. Other wise I can ship if need be.

Jeff

lonlangione

5 Year Member
Jeff,

Thanks for answering. I had some Nigerian Triple Reds but they did not have the eye spots. The fish on your list as Nigerian F1 are the ones you are talking about right? Also what's the difference ibetween the two guntheri ? Do you have a picture or can you direct me to a picture? Also do you have a picture of or can you describe the Isokpo krib? I will not be at the ACA convention, so I would have you ship me the fish.

Thanks, Lonny
Dover, PA

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
THe fish in that image is a tank strain of not verifiable origin. Most wild populations of Nigerian P. pulcher have very few spots, but lines bred from them develop them over the generations. Regardless of the line, however, the number of spots is highly variable. My advice is to find a 'spotty' strain and buy a couple dozen to grow out. Most do not reach their full spot potential unless they are large and dominant.

lonlangione

5 Year Member
I had kribs like the one in your photo Ted 20 years ago. I really don't care about location or anything. I would like to find a strain like that where the male looks like this actually - Link http://www.aboutfishonline.com/images/kribensis.jpg In my area I haven't been able to find them. I just picked up a pair of albino pulcher and the male has a few eye spots on the dorsal. But I guess if I breed the albinos together I will almost certainly get all albinos. I've had them two weeks and the female is staying in the pot and not coming out already, so I guess she will trot the fry out next week. I'll keep looking around.

Thanks, Lonny

Rod

5 Year Member
I've located some males that look very similar to lonlangione's link.....but only a couple of tail spots....they aren't fully grown so may develop more spots as they age

+ I have a large male with a lot of spots on his tail that isn't as colourful

Both have paired up and bred
I have fry growing out from each male that I'm hoping to cross and develop a strain that is as Good or better than the image on lonlangione's link

I've been feeding NLS foods and colours of some females is amazing....stripe along the back is bright yellow with a yellow tail and red edges and they have a bright orange line above the eye

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomek B.

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….