• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

wild bettas

mervin

Member
5 Year Member
hello all !!!

was just wondering if anyone here also keep bettas ???

i have just started out and managed to obtain some Betta Macrostoma, Betta Ablimarginata, Betta Coccina, Betta Brownorum, Betta Miniopinna and Betta sp. Pangkalanbun.

cheers
mervin
:lol:
 

tjnelson44

New Member
5 Year Member
Hi Mervin, I am also a betta fan. Unfortunitly I have not had the chance to obtain some of the species you mentioned. I would love to get some if I had the chance. I just dabble with "regular" bettas. Good luck with them.
Trevor
 

mervin

Member
5 Year Member
hello Trevor,
where are u located ??? NM ???

can't make out where is that ???

i do travel to the US rather often, perhaps i can bring you some fishes ???
then again, how is the customs regulations about live fishes coming into the country ??????

:wink:
 

tjnelson44

New Member
5 Year Member
Hi Mervin,
NM is New Mexico. If you ever pass through New Mexico or Arizona, let me know. I would love to get my hands on some different types of bettas. Keep us posted on how the wild bettas work out for you. Best of luck with them.
Trevor
 

amber2461

New Member
5 Year Member
Hi Mervin

You have a lovely collection of Bettas there, the first mentioned 2 are very tempting,

When will you be coming over to this part of the world? Drop by Canada :D

Cheers
 

mervin

Member
5 Year Member
hahahaha !!!
VAncouver ??? can i "hand carry" fishes into Canada ???

believe the "wildlife and fishes department" are rather "sticky" about alien lifeforms entering Canada ???
 

amber2461

New Member
5 Year Member
If you could, it would be 'vely good' It was quite tempting for a few friends of mine who were in Bangkok for 2 months to bring back some. But they wouldn't know how to take care of it either ... so .....

They shure are sticky about things like that ... but imagine if you could bring it in .... wah liao .... :lol:
 

amber2461

New Member
5 Year Member
Way up north, on another island; Penang.

So ... going to drop by Canada then? Don't forget to bring some mooncake with you ... and wishes for the Mid Autumn Festival ... didn't manage to find anything nice this year, still miss the ones from back home :wink:
 

mervin

Member
5 Year Member
oh yeah !!!!
laksa and tau sa cakes will be good too, no ????

anyway, what are u doing in Canada ???

are u there for good or just for studies ????????
 

Zapisto

New Member
5 Year Member
hey mervi if you come in canada dont forget stop by montreal
ok ok it is at the opposite of vancouver , but i will be really happy see you :)

PS: still no package at my door :(
will let you know
 

amber2461

New Member
5 Year Member
Mervin

You are so BAD! S'pore laksa is good ah .. tau sar piah ... yummy ... aaarrrggghhhh ... you were supposed to bring Bettas and mooncakes, not the other goodies 8O

I am married to a Canadian ... wanna drop by to update me what is going on back home?

I am not like Zapisto :wink: I would expect to see YOU at my front door with all the goodies :lol:

I will prepare Chicken rice (from scratch) for you ... hehehehe and maybe Zapisto can join us for lunch / dinner as well. Have we a date then?

8)
 

mervin

Member
5 Year Member
Zapisto said:
hey mervi if you come in canada dont forget stop by montreal
ok ok it is at the opposite of vancouver , but i will be really happy see you :)

PS: still no package at my door :(
will let you know
ok, there seem to be some problems cos another "package" to Vancouver didn't arrive too.

will sent again in 2 or 3 days time, drying out the leafs now.
 

mervin

Member
5 Year Member
amber2461 said:
Mervin

You are so BAD! S'pore laksa is good ah .. tau sar piah ... yummy ... aaarrrggghhhh ... you were supposed to bring Bettas and mooncakes, not the other goodies 8O

I am married to a Canadian ... wanna drop by to update me what is going on back home?

I am not like Zapisto :wink: I would expect to see YOU at my front door with all the goodies :lol:

I will prepare Chicken rice (from scratch) for you ... hehehehe and maybe Zapisto can join us for lunch / dinner as well. Have we a date then?

8)
hahahaha !!!!
that will be an HONOUR !!!!

will keep u updated if i get there, my travel plans are determind by the company la.

in the mean time, do take care and happy fish keeping !!!!!!!
 

amber2461

New Member
5 Year Member
mervin said:
ok, there seem to be some problems cos another "package" to Vancouver didn't arrive too.

will sent again in 2 or 3 days time, drying out the leafs now.
Package? What package? 8O

Sending out leaves ... nice, send some my way too. Should have got some seeds when I was back home ... :lol:
 

amber2461

New Member
5 Year Member
mervin said:
hahahaha !!!!
that will be an HONOUR !!!!

will keep u updated if i get there, my travel plans are determind by the company la.

in the mean time, do take care and happy fish keeping !!!!!!!
That would be nice, give us (Zapisto et moi) sufficient notice then, will go chicken hunting ... hehehehehe ... 2 chicken kampong enough or not?

I know that the travel plans are determined by the company, but am sure you could persuade the secretary to add a few more sectors on the ticket, no? :lol:

We will ... you just remember to bring the Bettas on your next trip.
 
Top