• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

White Panduro?

BigDaddy

5 Year Member
I picked up a handful of juvie apisto panduros a while back. They have all been very comfortable in my 75 gallon South American biotype.

However, I have one panduro (a female I believe) who is almost completely white. She has a little bit of black and yellow on her pelvic fins, a very small amount of black on the dorsal, and the orange tipped caudal is barely visible.

She's not stressed.. and holds her own in a fight if there are territory borders. Has anyone else seen this colouration? Is this behavioural or do I just have a very pale panduro?

BigDaddy

5 Year Member
Pic as requested.

panduro.jpg

I'm positive it isn't the lighting over the tank, as my other females are quite yellow.

litesky

5 Year Member
probably a manifestation of the recessive genes? haha...i dunno. Does look like a panduro though.

BigDaddy

5 Year Member
What I'd like to know is if there would be any health concerns.

Additionally, would it not be advisable to try to breed this female, given the colouration?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Your pale A. panduro is an abberation from the norm, but this does not make it any less healthy or able to survive in the aquarium. This coloration, being more visible, probably is culled out of populations in the wild of course. If you find it interesting, then breed her with a sibling & back breed her with a male offspring. Eventually you might get a white panduro strain, similar to the yellow-gold cacatuoides color morph.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….