• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Which apistogramma to choose for an Igarapé do Daracua biotope ?

Wazaaaa

Thank you, I just looked, I found that Apistogramma sp. "barcelos" (A57) and Apistogramma mendezi, rare fish for me in France

Wazaaaa

Thank you very much to the 3 of you for your help

My aquarium arrived today, I'm going to order Kessil LED A160WE Tuna Sun x2 and I'm still hesitating which filter to choose... for the decor there are on the pictures, plus Coconut palm spathe x5 , Ouriço nut pod x1 (out of stock) , Sapucaia pod x3, Giant Palm Branches.

Attachments

• IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0176.JPG
    IMG_0176.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:

MacZ

While I'm a fan of Tannin Aquatics and Scott himself in particular... You could have gotten these botanicals from European providers for less and without the detour via North America. Just as a hint because as botanicals will degrade you will need more at some point.

Love the choices of the particular botanicals though.

Wazaaaa

I ordered my Coconut palm spathe x5 , Ouriço nut pod x1 (out of stock) , Sapucaia pod x3, Giant Palm Branches from marc-del. It's just that I don't find certain products.

MacZ

I ordered my Coconut palm spathe x5 , Ouriço nut pod x1 (out of stock) , Sapucaia pod x3, Giant Palm Branches from marc-del. It's just that I don't find certain products.
Admittedly, I have no grasp of the hobby in France. I speak 3 languages besides German and English, but French isn't one of them.
So the stuff from Tannin Aquatics is what you couldn't get here? If not and you are still missing things, send me a PM, maybe I can arrange something or point you to the right shop.

ButtNekkid

5 Year Member
Admittedly, I have no grasp of the hobby in France. I speak 3 languages besides German and English, but French isn't one of them.
So the stuff from Tannin Aquatics is what you couldn't get here? If not and you are still missing things, send me a PM, maybe I can arrange something or point you to the right shop.
Hi,

If you have knowledge of european retailers, can I message you too? I particularly don´t like the postage from US to europe...

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Hey!!
i’m sure you have seen this but if not, i’m sure you can find some great inspiration for your setup.
i haven’t checked Google Maps if the location also fits what you want to do, but it’s great nonetheless.

as for places to buy botanicals here in Europe. Here’s a few links (-though it sounds like MacZ, got some great insights on that matter):

unimati: shop in Denmark. I have just got my first order from there.

Aquariumspullen: a dutch shop, i have thougt of trying out.

-r

Wazaaaa

Hey RasmuW thank you, onlineaquariumspullen I find the roots cheap €12,95 for 1 Trunk Tree (50, 60 cm), in France, the price is double

rasmusW

5 Year Member
Cool. That’s good.
Edit: Last time i checked, they had a lot more seedpods to choose from. Worth checking back every now and then.

-r

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….