• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Which added first?

MarkPT

Hi all

OK, have a 1metrre length tank and have created '2 ends' with bogwood and java fern connected to make some hideouts/caves etc, with some further bog wood with java as a central tank 'line of sight block'

I'm looking to house a Bolivian Ram pair and a single male Apistogramma - first off this sound ok, and second what order do you feel they should be added?

All together and let them sort 'ends' out, or the pair first, then the apisto?

Thanks!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It should be OK since Rams and apistos tend to use different micro-habitats, in nature and in a tank. Unless you know for sure you have a pair (1 of each sex) of Rams, I'd just add them all at the same time. If the Rams are a mated pair I'd add the apisto first and the Rams a couple of days later.

MarkPT

Thanks Mike appreciate your response! Got the apisto today as advised ... cockatoo great young looking chap!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….