• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is this Apisto??

radiodug

5 Year Member
Hi,

About 3 weeks ago I purchased what I thought was going to be a trio of Apistogramma Agassizii. I feel pretty confident that the male and 1 female are what are Agassizii, but not feeling confident about the other female. Her patterns are a little different and her mannerism is a little more bold.
Picture of either female can be viewed as follows.

Agassizzi Female
http://petfish.net/uploads/agassizi.jpg

Mystery Apistogramma Female. (notice the blue spots on the anal and lower half of the caudal and the 3 small lines in her pattern below the lateral line.

http://petfish.net/uploads/mystery.jpg

I sure hope someone can help me on this.

Thanks for looking.

Doug

radiodug

5 Year Member
Thanks, I am glad to have the validation. I wonder what variation or possibly Wild? She has very little color.

Doug

Neil

radiodug,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I think that the second pic is probably a female cac or a fish in that complex. The first pic,however, is a little less assured. It does have many characteristics of an agassizii, but it could be many other things (including a male!). Females are a bear to ID. Good chance that it is an aggie though.
Neil

kribs

5 Year Member
Hey neil i think its and aggie female. Becaus if you notice there is a back line running through the tail and from what i have seen only females have that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….