• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is diseases?

aquivalley

5 Year Member
Hello!!!

Reading through the numerous dwarf cichlid threads here in the Apistogramma.com Forum, Thanks~

I have panduro female. but sick.

What is diseases?

diseases_3.gif

diseases_5.gif

What is good for and at what dosage ???

(My tank is 33 Liter, = 8 Gallon)

Thanks..... :D

fishgeek

Possibly septiceamia usually a gram negative bacterial cause
Or more severe hyperaemia(again bacterial)

bacterial disease are often triggered by stress, water quality and other fish aggression are things to check

I have no real experience with treating septiceamia in dwarves
Thoughts would include generic antibacterial treatments
Salt although i am not sure this is appropriate in drawves with their soft water tendencies
and possibly a slight reduction in water temperature, in theory it should slow the bacterial replication rate , though i would assume it would also slow the fishs metabolic rate

Perhaps more experience keepers wil add further commments

definitely ensure good quality water though

Andrew

Randall

5 Year Member
Bacterial Infection

Dear aquivalley,

I agree with Andrew. Your Apistogramma panduro appears to be suffering from a bacterial infection of some kind.

An eight-gallon tank is awfully small, even for dwarf cichlids. With a tank that size, you need to change 50% or more of the water once per week. For this species, your water should also be soft and acidic. Certainly dirty water and/or water that is not appropriate for your fish could be stressors.

At this point dosing with an antibiotic and stepping up the water changes might be a good idea.

Good luck!

Randall Kohn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….