• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is an interesting dwarf cichlid that is found around german blue rams ?

anewbie

I'm planning a very large tank (8x4x21) with a lot of rams and maybe 6 winemilleri geo and was trying to think of another dwarf cichlid to keep in there - at first i thought of apistogramma mac but vaguely i think they are more aggressive and there might be something a bit more colourful but passive to keep with the rams. For upper layers i will have 40 or so cardinals and 40 or so something else - gold tetra maybe or lemon or runnynose. For bottom some l204 and sterbai- though with the geo the sterbai might not be the best idea.

Samala

What will the decor / scape look like? This part of your plan will heavily factor into how many territories can be defined and whether adding is possible. Are you going for high tech heavily planted? More hardscape dominated? Big tanks offer so many possibilities.

anewbie

The tank will be well planted. It will likely not be hi-tech due to concerns about oxygen level with warmer temps but i might reconsider. This is my 40 and 120 to give you an idea of scape direction - obviously there will be more open areas being a deeper and longer tank and i want to leave sufficient area open for the geo:

1.jpg2.jpg

You can't see it because the tank is fairly dense but in the 40B there is approx 5 pieces of drift wood - the largest being about 16 inches long and an inch wide. In the 120 there are 3 ceramic caves and about 3 pieces of drift wood.

Anyway i'm asking about suggestion for a species more than if it is feasible to add another species.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….