• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What have I got?

Mazan

I was sold this about 3 weeks ago as A. macmasteri, wild from Colombia. He has grown and colored up since I got him. Doesn't it look more like A. cacatuoides??
IMG_4727.jpg

Mazan

That is what I was thinking... I don't really mind what species I have, it is my first time with Apistos, but I am now unsure what the other fish I have are. The shop already made one mistake. They had told me initially they were getting a few species in. Then they said that only the macmasteri had arrived. When I went to get them I was hoping to get a male and two females, but it was difficult to tell as they were young, I just checked to see they looked healthy and active, but the guy in the shop said he could tell the sexes apart and gave me what he thought were a trio. However, when I got them in my tank, I soon realized that one of the "females" was a male (I think) agassizi! I could not go back to the shop for a few days, meanwhile I got to quite like the agassizi so decided not to take hm back. When I went back to the shop I looked more carefully in the tank and saw just one other agassizi that I thought could possibly be a female. so I got it and another of the small "macmasteri" (as I thought at the time), to give myself more options. However, I now haven't a clue what the so-called "females" are, couldn't get very good photos yet but I'll post what I have...
IMG_4713.jpg
IMG_4722.jpg
IMG_4728.jpg

Mazan

Yes, thanks I am enjoying them, they are very confident especially considering they are wild caught. the cacatuoides and agassizi have established their own territories, the smaller fish get chased by both, but luckily the tank is quite large with plenty of hiding places. However its harder to get good photos of the smaller ones and I would like to know what species/sex they are....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….