• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Unknown Killing my Appistos

bigbird

5 Year Member
Hello All,

I need some help please. My 6x2x2 ft planted apisto tank has had a foreign invader of some sort. Within 2 weeks I have lost my pairs of apisto Macmasteri, Eartheater, blackchin and cac. Totally desimated. Now I am trying to save my 2pairs of bolivians and 30neons and lemon tetras. I have added no new fish since 5 months. The symptoms are fish become lethargic , ly on the floor of the tank, fins held in and no colour. I see no outside spots like ich etc and no other visual signs. I am at a loss of how this unknown disease entered the tank, my only thought would be through live brine shrimp that I buy from my LFS. I have had fish since 1980 and cannot remember having this before. I do 30% water change every week and water perameters are perfect for the apistos.
Anyway as sad as this is, I have to look forward and get rid of this and treat the tank.
My Apisto fish store, gave me CCD Levamisole and asked me to dilute 1gram per 100litres to try and cure this worm, parasite etc. My other fish storegave me Wardleys Promethyasul.

Has anybody used this in their tank at all or any ideas ?

Thanks and lets hope I can cure this
cheers jk :frown:

curviceps

5 Year Member
Hi, did the LFS tell you why they gave you levamisole? It is commonly used to treat Camallanus worms, but normally you can see multiple of these worms very obviously sticking out of the butthole!

Hope you recover from this devastation soon!

bigbird

5 Year Member
i told then of all of the symptoms and he stated that this was the best. I have no worms or sighted any in the anal area or anywhere else. The LFS is however a very big Apisto seller and known for this.

cheers jk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….