• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Teleocichla centrarchus

Sam

5 Year Member
I mostly keep West African dwarfs and Malagasay cichlids, but some Teleocichla centrarchus at my lsf have caught my eye. What size tank would be goold for one or two pairs? Could they share a twenty long with a pair of Pelvicachromis taeniatus Lobe? Do they need RO water, or would peat filtered suffice? What dithers would be good, if nescessary? Also, do they need live food, and what variety would be best? I am considering breeding guppies for a source of clean, disease-free, live food. Would they or brine shrimp be good, or can I feed the Teleos a variety of frozen and pellet? Thanks for the help!!!

Z Man

5 Year Member
I have spent a lot of money on a few of these guys over the years. Unless you can give them larger quarters, I would say to let them stay where they are. THEY ARE NASTY LITTLE BUGGERS! (To each other) Not to scare you but I have paid as much as $40 for pairs and had single fish in less than a week! Yes they need extremely excellent water conditions. I have bred a few Crenichichla and these guys are a lot tougher just to keep alive. If you do decide to get them, I wish you the best of luck. I see them at the wholesalers once and a while but when there are so many in the tank, they get along. When down to less than 1/2 dozen they can't stand each other.

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
Zman

Still have the T. monogramma? I'm down to a reverse trio from the original 6. The female seems to ripen up, but I haven't found a single egg in a long time. You have any luck with them?

Neil

Sam,

I guess I will just stick with the West african rheophiles

The problems with Teleos are much the same as with WA rheophiles. You have to come up with ways to manage the aggression until they spawn and then (most of the time) they are OK together.
Neil

Sam

5 Year Member
Oh well....

The four fish at my lsf are down to two, which apear to be a pair. They are so cute but I went for some Pseudocrenilabrus nicholsi instead. They also had a beautiful fish labled as a "Cobra Pike Cichlid". Pikes are so beautiful, but all adults are in the 60-80 range except Crenicichla regani

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….