• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank mate for apistogramma borelli

Andreas

Hi
Havent been her for a while as I gave up apistogramma when my second one died when I was away and the care taker over fed. But I think I maybe want jump back on the horse. I have one 60 l hea planted tank and as in HEAVY. Fish in there are ottos Pygmy cories and this is what I am not sure about, chillie rasboras. So can one male borelli go with the chillies?
Andreas

Aquaticloch

Sounds perfect for a pair of borelii or even just a singular fish. The chillies should be fine with more timid species like the borelii.

Andreas

Morning everyone
I thought why not just go for a pair?
I have a 60 cm planted tank. I can’t
864BF079-AB95-4246-B9C4-36B7FFA4F76B.jpeg
show the hole tank as I am entering for iaplc. Would this be a suitable fit? Tank mates are chillie rasbora otos and Pygmy cories. I don’t want to breed them for profit so if one or two survive that would be cool but my primary goal is not to breed them.

MacZ

Apistos are very much bottomoriented. But if they chase each other or things like that accidents might happen but are very unlikely. I only use a jumpguard, I don't even know where the lid is anymore.

Andreas

W
Apistos are very much bottomoriented. But if they chase each other or things like that accidents might happen but are very unlikely. I only use a jumpguard, I don't even know where the lid is anymore.
hat is a jump guard?

mwoodrn74

Morning everyone
I thought why not just go for a pair?
I have a 60 cm planted tank. I can’t View attachment 10391 show the hole tank as I am entering for iaplc. Would this be a suitable fit? Tank mates are chillie rasbora otos and Pygmy cories. I don’t want to breed them for profit so if one or two survive that would be cool but my primary goal is not to breed them.
This is a gorgeous tank!! I have to say I'm so jealous.

Andreas

Update
got my male and female but here is a pic of the male so long. Is he sexual maturity yet?

Attachments

• E02EA194-3FEE-4B8B-AC83-99264B5B9C6D.jpeg
    E02EA194-3FEE-4B8B-AC83-99264B5B9C6D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 153

anewbie

At lest in the USA you can buy fiberglass screening for a very small amount. I use it on the back of my tanks because the loaches like to jump through small holes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….