• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Taikong Ornamental Fish

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
A planted tank keeper on another forum I belong to (UKAPS) wants to start keeping Apistogramma spp. He is a scientist and a pretty knowledgeable aquarist, and we have been long term correspondents.

He has sourced some dwarf cichlids via "Taikong Ornamental Fish", and he is interested in whether they are likely to be properly identified? and what is the reputation of the company in terms of fish health?

If any-one has any ideas I'd be grateful and I'll forward them to him.

cheers Darrel

boofeng

Is it the same company as this? https://www.ofish.org/user/1684

If it is, Azoo is one of their brands. Lots of Azoo products are sold in Singapore. So I'd say the company is quite reputable.

In general, shipments of dwarf cichlids from Taiwan come in with much more accurate IDs compared to tank-raised fish from Malaysia, Indonesia or wild-caught fish from the south American exporters.

Taiwan has a very healthy hobbyist community. And there are very accurate books published in Mandarin for the Taiwan market, such as the below, which I have a copy of.

test.JPG

The information in this book is a little outdated but generally concurs with the state of knowledge in this forum, so I'd say it's very accurate!

Taiwan is probably the second best place in Asia to buy dwarf cichlids from (and the best would be Japan), in my opinion. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….