• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sucuri river

Mikael

5 Year Member
Hello all!!!
A friend of mine is working on a biotope aquarium of Sucuri river( Pantanal-Brazil). He asked me to discover if some apistogramma occurs there. Anyone here could help me with this? Thanks a lot!!!
Mikael

P.W.

5 Year Member
Hi!

If you are talking about the Sucuriú- river in the Rio Parana basin, I would say that you definately will find the two endemic species (in Rio Paraguay, Rio Uruguay and Rio Parana): Ap. Borellii and Ap. Commbrae and most likely Ap. Trifasciata. These three species are often living sympatrically in the same biotopes.
I´m sure you will find some other species also!

Best regards/ Per

P.W.

5 Year Member
....by the way, what apisto species can you find around Brasilia?

Best regards/ Per

Mikael

5 Year Member
Brasília

Hello Mr. P( sorry, but i do not know your name :lol: )!!
Thanks for answering!
A friend of mine worked in our area and discovered 3 species of apistogramma. But this is just a little part of his study, so he is looking for in his results the species and where he founded them. As soon as i heve this result i can tell you ok?
Best regards!!
Mikael

P.W.

5 Year Member
Yes, it would be very interesting to hear about the result!

Best regards/ Per

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loscide

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….