• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stupidity + a moray = lost Apisto :-(

Drakken

5 Year Member
I made an impulse buy at the LFS and got a white cheek moray eel. My son loves eels and really wanted it. The guy at the LFS said it would be no problem and that the Apisto would be fine. Well, she's gone. :cry: I usually do research before buying new fish but this time relied on the LFS which gave me bad advice. I was actually going to move the Apisto out tonight anyway and give her a bigger tank.

2la

5 Year Member
Tell that idiot clerk also that the white-cheeked eel is freshwater only as a juvenile, then it must migrate into brackish or seawater. Then ask for your money back for both the eel AND the apisto!

Drakken

5 Year Member
2la said:
Tell that idiot clerk also that the white-cheeked eel is freshwater only as a juvenile, then it must migrate into brackish or seawater. Then ask for your money back for both the eel AND the apisto!

I will go back and and let them know what morons they are, however, I should know better than to make a snap decision.

aspen

5 Year Member
drakken, you are not the first to take the advice of lfs employees. how do you think they stil sell cycle? live and learn.

rick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….