• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stocking help

Mongbean

So I have all most finished my setup for my three foot cube tang tank.
I want a community tank but was sticking with,

- Brevis
- julidochromis transcriptus "Gombi"

But the third option I am unsure of.
I was looking into Paracyprichromis nigripinnis But I am unsure I want them in my tank.
I was looking for a schooling fish but now I just want something interesting.
I want to know what other options are out there.
With the two options Listed above what other fish do you guys recommend.
Of course any option would have to be researched to the max like always and also would be subject to availability in my local area.

Cooder

Altolamprologus compressiceps sp Shell "Sumbu" would work nicely i think. Neolamprologus caudopunctatus should be nice aswell. I dont know much about the stocking of cube tanks. Cubes have volume, but not really the needed extra length and width that Tangs like.
You never know, a non jumbo species of cyprichromis leptosoma could work, being able to school in depth and height more than the usual length. this size tank has some fair volume, so i would like to see how the cyps get along in a cube tank.

Try a small colony of cyprichromis leptosoma. there are many beautiful variants to chose from, but just make sure you dont get ones labeled as Jumbo, they grow large, to about 15 cm

Head over to Smiths Aquarium, along Sandgate road Boondall if you dont already know of the place. this is the most beautiful sop i have been in, and the selection of cichlids is really good, the owner almost certainly will be able to source some cyps, punks or sumbus.
Visit ACE forums or QLDAF for local classifieds and things, its so much easier to source good quality fish at a decent price.

Hope this helps,

Cody

Mongbean

Thank you cody that was most helpful.
I am currently in talks with smiths aquariums and both the brevis and the Julies are being sourced from Oldforum.

I will look further into the species you have listed.

Cabinet just arrived last week and still have to stain it.
Also looking into sump options and canister filter options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….