• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spots on Tail

MapleNeil

Hi,
Several of these 6 month old apistos has spots like this on their tail fins. Any idea what it could be?

Attachments

• 20210930_094420.jpg
    20210930_094420.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123

MapleNeil

Also this one has it right near the tailfin base. My guess is they had ick but recovered and it left scars on their tail fins. Either that or a normal development phase they go through?

Attachments

• 20210930_094401.jpg
    20210930_094401.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 114

MapleNeil

If they look like hard little grains of salt then these are is most likely ich paracites.
Thank you for the help.
One of them looked like a grain of salt when they first appeared, but then became flat again the next day, so I didn't treat for ick. The rest of them appear to just be flat, no round shape like an ich parasite, and the condition hasn't spread or gotten worse. But I will treat for ich anyway just to be sure.

MacZ

As they are only on the fin rays I think it's not a parasite. Could be a genetic thing. Definitely no ich. Keep an eye on it, but I wouldn't be too concerned.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frankephex

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….