• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

South American Peru tank.

chris1805

5 Year Member
Hi guys,

I would like to introduce you to my South American Peru tank. The tank is a Juwel Lido 120 (60x40x60cm) with an external eheim pro 150 filter and a 100watt heater.

The tank contains the following fish:

- 6 Nannostomus Eques
- 4 Copella Neitereri
- 1m/1fm Apistogramma Eremnopyge

Besides the fish the tank also contains 2 small Echinodorus Bleheri plants.

The Apistogramma Eremnopyge have currently some free swimming fry. Sadly these are hidding between the wood and the leaf litter and i can't seem to get a decent picture of them. Hopefully i can get some good pictures in the comming weeks. Please enjoy the pictures shown below.

Overview shot

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_327.jpg

The Eremnopyge male

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_324.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_325.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_326.jpg

The Eremnopyge female before having eggs

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_323.jpg

Drayden Farci

5 Year Member
This is very pretty! I am hoping to get a pair of A. eremnopyge this week, and once I find time to get rid of my current fish, I'll redo my tank into something similar to this.

chris1805

5 Year Member
Sadly my female killed my male when i was gone for about 3 days. I still have like 7 fry left swimming somewhere in the tank. Hopefully one will turn out to be a male.

chris1805

5 Year Member
All the fry is gone. I added some new Nannostomus eques adding it up to a total of 11 now. I will now keep this is a more general south American tank since my Eremnopyge male is dead. I added one little Apistogramma Ortegai fry that i had left, which looks like to turn out to be a male. I also added 4 dicrossus filamentosous 1m/3f. The tank is fully peacefull. Please see below some updates pictures.

IMG_0588.JPG
IMG_0624.JPG
IMG_0625.JPG
IMG_0626.JPG
IMG_0584.JPG
IMG_0577.JPG
IMG_0594.JPG
IMG_0593.JPG
IMG_0587.PNG
IMG_0592.JPG
IMG_0607.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….