• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some good dealers

MonteSS,
I can attest to Geiler aquatics as they guys are good freinds of mine and also is the V.P. of my local fish club!
I will be visiting their fishroom this holiday weekend, can't wait!

Supercorygirl,
I can ask "IF they ship to Alberta? I will see what they have going species-wise as this is the main reason for my visit. I want to learn/see how to breed in our local water here.

peathenster

Bill - this is Pete from other forums.

I purchased 5 pairs of A. hongsloi from ApistoDave. One was actually a male A. macmasteri, and the other nine are all male A. hongsloi, one of which was severely deformed.

I emailed him and got no response.

I can only speak from my own experience. Not impressed with either the "Apisto" part or the lack of human decency.

Ekona

5 Year Member
I would recommend Jeff at Aquaticclarity....always have had excellent service, correct species and good mix of male/female with batch orders and pairs when sold as pairs.

CSlater21

MonteSS,
I can attest to Geiler aquatics as they guys are good freinds of mine and also is the V.P. of my local fish club!
I will be visiting their fishroom this holiday weekend, can't wait!

Hi there,

I am local here in WA as well. I live down in Bonney Lake. I have been looking everywhere for good quality Apistos. Is Geiler aquatics local?

Thanks.

animalmgc

5 Year Member
been dealing with Apistodave for MANY years without a problem 1 doa out of 30ish deliveries seems to be quite a nice record and a lot of his fish are quite amazing I bought the same F1s from him and they bred in a week

peathenster

been dealing with Apistodave for MANY years without a problem 1 doa out of 30ish deliveries seems to be quite a nice record and a lot of his fish are quite amazing I bought the same F1s from him and they bred in a week

I'm happy for you. Wish all buyers could have the same experience.

I received my fish on 2/13/2013. Emailed him on 8/19 after I was finally convinced that even the smallest ones in the group were all males.

I think we are all aware of the sex bias issue in individual batches of fry. For someone that calls himself "Apisto" Dave, it's bad enough to send all males as 5 pairs. Not correcting the mistake after being contacted is inexcusable.

Last edited:
CSlater21,
Geiler aquatics is a private run business and is up in Standwood. Wa. They sell good quality, well cared for catatoidies and Azzagizies. Also has other cichilds and some livebearers. Nice fishroom on a small propery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….