• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some apistos...

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member

Heidge,

Your 'A. regani' is not the type A. regani, but close. The caudal spot is not long enough, the vertical bars are not as well developed on the front half of the body. The light centers of the scales and the tail fin pattern are like those of A. regani. It sort of reminds me of the fish pictured on pages 717 & 721 in Römer's Atlas. Although he lists them as A. regani, they are not. The only photos of A. regani in this chapter are pictures by Dr. Wolfgang Staeck (p. 718 & 719, bottom). I would call your fish 'A. cf. regani'. It would be interesting to learn where they were collected. Similar fish have been found around Belém and in the lower Trombetas drainage.

Heidge

5 Year Member
Hi Mike!

Thanks for your help. I think this fish came from Belem or Santarem. Those places "export" a lot to São Paulo, were I live. But in this particullar case, I dont have the exact location were it was collected. Sorry :oops:

I got to buy the Romer atlas. Only Mayland´s book is not enough... Do you have a idea how can I import this book? Any bookstore in internet? Amazon.com dont have it :cry:

Man you know everything about these dwarfs! Congrats! :wink:

See ya,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….