• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sold as Sunsets. Id help please....

Boricorso

Hello,
New to the forums. Which I had known about them before I bought 2 Apistos.
I got what a local LFS had a Apistograma sunset. They looked pretty much the same as the 2 cacatuoides they had for sale.
went for the sunsets because they had a bit more color (yellow). In truth they were almost identical except the Cacatuoide seemed a lot darker (I assume stress related).

A friend told me Apistograma Viejita were sometimes labeled as Sunsets. Personally I don't think this guys are Viejita. Maybe a cacatuoides varint. Honestly I have no clue. Both look the same, one is just bigger. Bellow a picture of the smallest. Other is in hiding.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2061B826-647F-4DBF-A335-E90CAA09FA02.jpeg

Attachments

• 67C8C3A1-72EA-40C9-90B5-DB84A5C84638.jpeg
    67C8C3A1-72EA-40C9-90B5-DB84A5C84638.jpeg
    789.3 KB · Views: 190
  • AD533E80-B7AA-4002-8469-EDB8A5839887.jpeg
    AD533E80-B7AA-4002-8469-EDB8A5839887.jpeg
    904.5 KB · Views: 196

CRD

Not the greatest pictures for diagnostics, but with that said, I don't see anything to make me think they are not "Sunset" A. atahualpa

Boricorso

Not the greatest pictures for diagnostics, but with that said, I don't see anything to make me think they are not "Sunset" A. atahualpa
Thank you I will try better pictures tomorrow. They are probably young but I haven't found annarahualpa picture yet that looks like them.
Not questioning your judgement and as you say the pictures are not the greatest.

I appreciate your feedback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….