• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So I got 45 minutes last night

ginnie5

5 Year Member
to wander the lfs(by myself with no kiddos). NOT enough time! They have apistos! Orange caucatoides. But then I looked at the price. $40 a pair! Isn't that a little steep? This lfs is usually the most $$$. The girl who worked there said they had been there awhile. MAybe if they're still there next week and the bio spira works I'll see how bad they really want to get rid of them. I am just soooo impatient to get this tank all ready for them. And then of course I actually have to get them. Hopefully not at $40 a pair either!

farm41

5 Year Member
That's quite a markup, I would go in next time and offer them $20 a pair. If they take it you have saved $20 and got the fish you want, if they don't take it they will watch you walk out without fish and they have to keep the fish they have for sale another week.

My lfs marks always discounts 50% to me.

farm41

5 Year Member
Oh, and I know what you mean about going without the kids, I usually have twin 11 year old boys with me. They think they know it all and just can't quit talking. Once in a while I get to town by myself, and stop at the lfs, totally different experience when kidless, can actually talk to the store owner. :D :D

Neil

Same here. Bringing the kids is an experience 8O !

ginnie5,
The fish store in my neck of the woods average about $35/pr. for nice pairs of apistos. I know one of the main local wholesalers sells to the stores at $15/pair. 2.5 is the standard mark-up. You pay a little more when these fish are paired up. The best way is to be able to pick a pair out of a tank of individuals at a lower price. But the main issue is that you often get what you pay for. If it is a little more expensive, but they are beautiful, healthy animals, it is probably worth it!
Good luck with your tank and decisions.
Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….