• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shrimp with Apistos

C

CameronAdam

How will shrimp do with Apistos? What apistos work well with what shrimp? Will there be a problem with shrimp and fry? Will the parents kill all the shrimo when they breed?

cootwarm

5 Year Member
I had a couple shrimp in a 20 gallon high with a spawning pair of cacatuoides. The cacs didn't kill them, but I rarely saw them after that. They stayed hidden amoungst the Java Moss, caves and driftwood.

Maybe they they only came out at night. Usually the only way I knew they were still alive is when I found their discarded old shells on the bottom after they shed. They must be ghost shrimp. :lol:

Michael

mervin

5 Year Member
It all depends on the how small are the shrimps and how big are your apistos.

My apistos loves shrimps....meaning love eating them !!!! unless they are the huge YAMATO shrimps.
:lol:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….