• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sexing A. Eunotus

natczer

5 Year Member
Hi all,

I have some Apistogramma Eunotus fry (a couple of months old) just wondering if anyone has any tips on sexing them?

Natalie

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
At 2 months of age both sexes look the same. At 4 months you should start seeing subtle differences in size and color on the ventral fins. At 8 months dominant males will be easy to separate from females & subdominant males. Acquire 6 - 8 and just have patience.

natczer

5 Year Member
Re:

These fry are actually from my pair (first successful breeding!), so I'll just give them time. Have another lot of fry now too...very exciting as I know only one other person in Australia who is breeding these fish. They are the orange-tailed Eunotus and were apparently accidentally imported here a few years ago.

EuJin

5 Year Member
Natalie,

Where do you obtain your apistogramma in Aust from? I am trying to increase my collection and getting some Juruensis and Hoignei from a shop, you can email me if there is interest to combine orders, will be easier to bring more of these magnificent fish to our continent that way.

Cheers
Yu Jin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….