• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

?'s about cockatoos

lilthrasher

5 Year Member
hello
every one im intrested in breeding a pair of cockatoo's and i was wondering if any of you could help me out and give me some tips??
thanks
alex

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
Dark tank, Lots of woodwork, fine light colored sandy bottom, live plants, soft acidic water tanned dark with oak, almond, beech leaves or alder cones "leave them in the tank" as a debris layer. 76-78f. Lots and lots of hiding places. Feed baby brine shrimp, blackworms, chopped up earthworms and leave them alone. You will be up to you're elbows in fry in no time flat. Get one male and two or three females and let them sort out the best genetics. Fifteen gallon, twenty high or twenty long tank, for multiple pairs in one tank a four foot 33 gallon tank is nice. I paint three sides of my breeder tanks "expresso" its like a dark brown, with el cheapo brand rattle can paint.

Chris

If you need any pm me I have three color morphs for sale and I do ship.

lilthrasher

5 Year Member
thanks chris

do you have to really put live plants and leaves or alder cones in the tank??

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
You dont have to but you should. Dont be affraid of live plants.If you get low light plants like crypts, anubias, or javas they will help keep the water quality high and the fish happy. Happy fish spawn.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….